Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve 2013






Happy Christmas Eve!  Bobby and I stayed in Austin this year because we both had work circumstances that didn't allow us to take time off. Well I managed to get yesterday off at the last minute and I can't tell you how excited I was about that!

I would rather be in Missouri with family right now but I'm completely enjoying just having a few days off from work and not being sick. It's been kind of busy with Mortified screenings for our next show, chores, and errands but overall relaxing extended weekend:

We visited a bakery I had been wanting to try for a long time and stocked up on treats. 

We Skyped with Bobby's family in Japan. 

We watched SNL and had to rewatch the twin bed video. Please watch it if you haven't seen it yet. Hilarious. 

I had visions of delivering cookies to all our  neighbors on Christmas Eve but I only managed to give one neighbor gift today-to Journey, our neighbor dog.   It's been a rough year for his family. 

Today Bobby and I went to Violet Crown to see Dallas Buyers Club. I loved it and now want to learn more about the man it was based on. 

Tonight we'll eat dinner at one of our favorite places, Pho Van,  I have some gift wrapping to do and Bobby and I will continue our Christmas tradition of watching Love Actually. 

Merry Christmas to all of you and especially to the little ones who go to bed with the anticipation of Christmas morning! 

Christmas Eve photo dump includes some of our little holiday touches at home. I didn't do much this year but it still makes me feel cozy and in the spirit. 

Our bakery haul from Tous les Jours
I made one of my coworkers this ornament because he sings "Wrecking Ball" all the time. 

Journey's gift
Choji ate an entire pack of gum while we were out so payback was a photo shoot wearing the antlers my brother got her. 

I love all the cards on our mantle! Recieving a card in the mail makes me so happy. I will not fail at sending our cards next year, I promise. 
$5 at Target can buy you felt banner cuteness. 

Ornaments from my mom from a few years ago. 
One of the sweetest gifts I've received-a handmade church mouse made by one of employees who lived in Columbia many years ago. Crazy coincidence-my grandma used to buy one every year at a church bazaar!
Violet Crown Theater

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I think your decorating is awesome. As always, your house looks like it should be in a magazine.