Monday, June 4, 2007

Mustache=Goodness

I fell in love last night with a waiter at the Belmont and he had a mustache. It was a Brandon Flowers of the Killers kind of mustache. Strange to me how that's trendy right now, but it worked on him none the less.

My dad has always had a mustache. I remember there was only one time that he shaved it off and my mom and I were pissed. I guess since my dad always had a mustache I associated NOT having a mustache with bad guys or creepy guys. Weird, I know.

I was so weirded out by my first dentist, a childs' dentist mind you, because #1 he did not have a a mustache, and #2 he wore a gold chain. His shirt had to be buttoned down just far enough to bare his chest for me to know he wore a gold chain. CREEPY. Creepy despite having a big teddy bear in the room-okay that is creep, creepy despite having flavored toothpaste, and creepy despite being able to choose a prize out of the treasure chest. My mom switched me to a new dentist after this particular one wanted to pull 5 of my baby teeth.

I was also always creeped out by such actors as Dudley Moore and Michael Caine. Sure they both have British accents, but more importantly, they both did not have mustaches! I really couldn't watch these men without getting angry at them for a long time. I still don't think I'd be able to sit through any of the Arthur movies without cringing. I was much more comfortable with Tom Selleck and Burt Reynolds.

Thanks Dad and thank you Belmont waiter...I love you.

2 comments:

Susan said...

It's funny, if you had asked me if your dad had a mustache, I would have said no. I can't picture it. I've always thought mustaches were kind of creepy, but I guess your dad never creeped me out!

I just got an email from your brother- that's hilarious! Isn't that like competition against your dad?

jessica said...

Susan-my dad had just a mustache for years but it has since evolved into a more acceptable mustache/goat-t thing.
Yes, I think my brother is trying to totally rule my dad.