Monday, March 26, 2012

Last Day In Tokyo


Yesterday in Yoyogi Park in Harajuku:  Rockabilly "gangs" about to dance.

Today's our last day in Tokyo before we head to Okinawa tomorrow to visit Bobby's family.  I will be posting more photos than you care to see as soon as I download them but in the meantime, here are some things that have stuck out to me about our trip.

  • Americans dress like slobs and most of us have bad taste.  I can't get over how pretty and put together everyone, men and women, are here. The style is beautiful.  I've never seen so many black tights, gorgeous skirts, and booties in my life. 
  • Every bathroom is an adventure and took me a while to figure out.
  • I got in trouble for wearing my shoes into a dressing room at Uniq Qlo.
  • I didn't know about handing your money over to a cashier on a tray instead of giving it directly to them.
  • Japanese television is as silly as Americans make it out to be.
  • I've never used the words, "that's so cute," and "that's darling," so much in my life.
  • Things seem to be much more baby friendly here.
  • I should have researched where to eat,  but pointing at something on the menu and not being sure what you ordered is kind of fun.  (I do admit, however, that we were so wiped out yesterday that we ate KFC for dinner in our hotel room.  It's less greasy and different than KFC at home.)
  • Even the money is pretty.




1 comment:

Kate said...

STYLE MAVEN: What should I wear for photos with Waylon on Wednesday? (It is not too late to shop.) Think: classic/won't look weird 20 years from now, interesting but not distracting, flattering, cute, oh, and it should make me look thin.

Ideas? Please email me.

Glad you are having fun in Japan!