Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sexy by Cinco de Mayo: the Update

I posted earlier that I have to wear a tiny bridesmaid's dress in my friend Shayna's May 5th wedding.  I've never enjoyed wearing anything tight, revealing, or strapless (hence my wedding dress with sleeves), so I've made it my goal to get fitter by that date so I can feel better in the dress.  I'm making some progress-yay. 
My first goal within the ultimate goal is to drop 5 pounds before Bobby and I head off for our honeymoon in Tokyo at the end of March.  Hello, I want to possibly fit into some clothes there!  So diet wise I'm keeping my eye on the prize but still allowing myself treats and looser weekends so that I stick with it.  I'm on my feet and moving for the majority of the day due to work but the area I need to work on is working out-getting my heart rate up. 
I'm going to try to check in via blog on this cinching for Cinco de Mayo weekly to stay accountable. 
P.S.  Good luck to you Kate with your hot by May 4 deadline!

One of today's snacks

3 comments:

Kate said...

good luck! you can do anything you set your mind to. I kinda would recommend the sugar detox I just did, though it's not designed to be a weight loss program. it just makes you change your way of thinking about food, sugar and grains in particular, and really realize what you're eating, etc. I'd also recommend the Jillian 30 Day shred dvd - seems a lot of people like it. I've done it, but never 30 straight days - I don't think you'd have to do it that way to see results and feel better.

jessica said...

Thanks, Kate! Yes, I have the 30 Day Shred. Haven't pulled it out in a very long time but it is a good home workout.

Kate said...

I haven't either. Am thinking of trying to restart it in Feb.