- Sunny weather-it's getting really hot in the ATX, but the sunshine has been a huge motivator in getting me outside and walking and running lately.
- Three day weekend coming up! Even better than a three day weekend, four day work week.
- New season of Bravo's show "Flipping Out" with my favorite, Jeff Lewis. I was so excited to find out they're doing another season of this hilarious show!
- Hampton's BBQ at Swampy's for Pearl Girl. I figured out my outfit last night using clothing items I already have. (I've always kind of said my personal style is preppy with a twist.) I cannot wait to see what everyone else is going to wear!
- Yelp's Hooky Day Party. We're all taking off work early on a Friday and having a rooftop party!
- Mates of State show at Emo's next month.
- David Sedaris next month.
- Trip home to Columbia, MO next month. I haven't been home since Christmas so I've reached my home sick time of year. I'm going to my cousin's wedding. I'm excited yet nervous at the same time due to some extended family tension that has grown since my grandmother's passing. I am mainly going so I can see my parents and brother and because I am very proud of this cousin who is getting married. She's younger than I am, but I have great respect for her. She started the gay and lesbian support group at our high school, and yes, she's straight. She coaches lacrosse. She's going to be an elementary school teacher. She is funny. She emailed me about the wedding..."Jessica, you have to come to my wedding so you can see my high strung mom and my dad rocking the formal mullet." Her dad's band is playing at the reception. If anything, this wedding will make for a good story.
Monday, May 19, 2008
Reasons to Live
Okay, so I'm being a tad dramatic, but here are a few things going on that help keep me going.
Posted by jessica at 5/19/2008