Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My own ABC Blogger's Block Challenge: "A"

In an attempt to write more on my blog, I'm using the alphabet as blog prompts. No rules, just incorporate a word/topic/idea with the letter of the day, week or month. 

Let's start with "A". The first words that come to mind are "age/aging/adult," one of my biggest fears since I was 16 and woke up on my 17th birthday to my radio alarm clock blaring Mellencamp's lyrics, "Hold on to 16 as long as you can, changes come around real soon make us women and men."  I sometimes hate being a "women."
Ever since my job changed a couple of months ago I've turned into a tired, bitter,  stressed out, overwhelmed, underjoyed, spread thin, disorganized, acne prone, stringy haired, flabby, defensive, excuse making, sad adult/bad wife.  10-12 hour work days don't work well for me. Being an adult and getting older sucks!  Damn responsibility. 
Thank God for my husband, my dog, my mom visiting this weekend, Ambien, iced lattes, weekends, lipstick, and Mortified. 



1 comment:

Kate said...

Can I tell you that I have heard that story before (about Mellencamp on your radio), and I think of it EVERY time I hear that song now!

Mmmmm...iced lattes.

Hang in there. I hope things become less stressful soon. Stress stinks!

I wish were on a girls' weekend right now. Packing is awful. You know this from last year I'm sure.