Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Our First Home Decor Risk

Stenciling in the entryway.  Hear me out.  I'm not doing a border of country hearts and ducks.  Stencils have come a long way!  I've dreamed about bold ka-pow wallpaper in the entryway for forever...since before we even had a house.  But it's costly and stencils will have to do for now.  My stencil inspiration was this cute family in Apartment Therapy this week.  I love her bold, fun style and I was fooled, I thought she had wallpaper going on.  Surprise!  It's stencil!  So check out the inspiration picture below and to see more of their house, click here.  Oh, and this is awesome-I commented on the photo, asking for advice, and she responded with some great tips and her email address!  I'm also posting potential patterns that I found on etsy.  I kind of know what I'm leaning towards but honestly that was different yesterday so I'd love to hear your feedback.  Oh, and our color scheme will be black and white.

TCBS:  This can't be stencil



5 comments:

katandkarl said...

Love her pink shoes too!

They're all lovely but I REALLY dig #1 - triangles!

Susan said...

I think stenciled walls are awesome! Can't wait to see what you do! One of my fav bloggers stenciled a wall in her daughter's room a while back and she has a little tutorial that you might check out for more tips....

http://raechelmyers.com/2012/06/giant-wall-stencils-and-a-happy-dance/

Kelly said...

I vote country hearts and ducks!

Kidding, kidding. I think all of the examples you posted are incredible! The last one is awesome, as is the rope one. You really can't go wrong with any of these styles!

Kate said...

Oh my God that looks hard. I haven't looked at the info yet, just the end result pictures. How can that possibly be done using stencils?!

jessica said...

Love the comments! My mind changes daily so I'm going to just go with one of them and order it this weekend.

I agree it looks daunting but if we screw it up we won't be out too much. It's a relatively cheap project but guessing very time consuming. I will post before and afters :)