Monday, January 21, 2013

Resolutions 2013

I've made a few resolutions and I'm attacking one of them this week: one week sugar detox. I'm using Kate's suggestions from the 21 Day Sugar Detox. Why not 21? Part of it is timing...when I am starting in relation to Bobby's 40th birthday on the 31st, but mainly I want to set myself up for success. I started shopping last night and doing the rest today. I already screwed up my plans for breakfast: expired eggs so I had coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon, and a banana with almond butter. I'm sure nuts will happen here soon to hold me over before I get all my shopping done.

Pictured are three things I'm going to be getting to know intimately over the next week.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Good luck! I am getting too much credit here. Or, at the very least, I am currently preaching a lifestyle that I'm not practicing too well!

Anyway, you will do great. And just remember that "failing" is not when you slip up, or give yourself a break, or cheat, or whatever -- failing is when you stop actually caring about your own health.

Susan said...

Awesome! I loved eating that way when I did my Whole30 in April (slightly different, but very similar to the Sugar Detox). I want to do it again...eventually. Two tips : First LaraBars are awesome and totally all natural and yummy. Great for an on the go snack or to keep in your purse for a hunger emergency. Just make sure to read the ingredients -- there are a couple that aren't acceptable. You can buy them at Whole Foods, among other places. I even found mini versions at Target recently. Second, this smoothie recipe makes a delicious dessert treat when you're really craving something sweet :

1 Frozen Banana
1/2 cup Coconut Milk
1T almond butter
1t vanilla
a good shake of Cinnamon

You can also add cocoa to make it a chocolatey treat, but I never have tried it that way. Enjoy!