- Research restaurants and food: We spent too much time trying to figure out where to eat without a clue on empty stomachs. We thought it would be easier. We had some good food but we could have done a much better job in this area.
- Stay in the same hotel, Hotel Sunroute Shinjuku, and make our morning Starbucks stop at the start of our day.
- Pack lighter but pack nicer clothes. We felt like slobs amongst the well dressed Tokyoites.
- Visit Harajuku on a week day and explore more.
- Have a picnic in Yoyogi Park. We spent some time there but should have hung out longer.
- Buy less 100 Yen Store crap unless we truly love it.
- Pay more to travel business class. Attempt to travel Singapore Airlines.
- Figure out how to battle the whole jet lag thing better.
- Take more photos of the people on the street. I could not get over how beautiful and well dressed everyone was.
- Take more video.
- Take a few days to take it easy early in the day so we have enough energy to check out more night life.
- See a band.
- Make sure Bobby buys clothes or shoes.
- Buy more music.
- Buy a nice piece of art or souvenir for our home.
- Learn more Japanese.
- Ride the train more.
- Ride the subway.
- Check out more of blogger, Hello Sandwich's, recommendations.
- Keep a travel journal or daily blog post of where we went.
- Go to a flea market.
- Go to a vintage/thrift store.
- Check out Omotesando.
- Go to my favorite park again, Shinjuku Gardens.
- Explore more of Shibuya.
Friday, November 30, 2012
Next Time We Go To Japan...
I think Bobby and I have talked about our trip to Japan every day since we returned in April. We loved Tokyo so much and want to return soon so here is a note to ourselves about what we learned and would do differently (or the same) next time...
Posted by jessica at 11/30/2012