Sunday, September 23, 2012

Content Producer Block

I WILL finish a rough draft by the end of the day for one of the pieces I'm producing for the next Mortified show. I have to finish it but man, it's hard to be creative and funny when I'm not feeling all that creative or funny.

So I thought I'd tell you about our weekend before I get around to that...

Friday night Bobby and I went to see a singer songwriter he really digs, Mark Kozelek, at the Scottish Rite Theater.  It was a great "date show" and the theater made me feel like I was in a Wes Anderson film.

Bobby and I are both guilty of hanging on to ticket stubs from our past, so I took an idea from Pinterest and decided to be more intentional about it by displaying collecting hoarding them neatly inside of a mason jar left over from our wedding. 

Saturday we went to a garage sale at our future (in two weeks!) house.  Bobby met the owners earlier in the week, fell in love with them, and they invited us to stop by so they could walk me through the back yard to tell me how to take care of the different plants.  They really are a sweet couple, both 70 and moving back east where they are from.  (I'm mostly in love with their east coast accents.  I kept waiting for them to offer us some chowder.)  

Choji got to run around in the back yard and loved it.  She had the biggest grin on her face the whole time.  No joke, dogs can grin. 

As we left the house to check out the neighborhood trail across the street I actually started tearing up!  I haven't allowed myself to believe this is all real until we actually close on the darn thing and get the keys, but it hit me yesterday that we might actually have our own backyard...and neighbors...and freedom to do whatever the hell we want to do with our walls. 

So the rest of the weekend in a nutshell:  went to see Judge Dredd because Bobby used to read the comic books as a 14 teen year old and has been waiting forever for the movie.  We ended up skipping our evening social plans (sorry friends who we didn't see) to begin the packing process.  It has to be done sometime.

Now going to force myself to be a responsible content producer for a comedy show and do some damn writing.
Mason jars are like God's miracle of containers for collecting clutter

Our future neighbor's house and technically their tree now with a broken branch in front of our future yard.  Please don't die, tree!  We love the shade you provide!

No comments: