Sunday, April 22, 2012

Vacation Resolution: Be More Social

I made some "Vacation Resolutions" when Bobby and I were in Japan a few weeks ago.  I think I did a pretty good job with "Be More Social" this weekend! 

Friday-the easiest day of the week to want to just stay home when we get home from work.  Bobby and I are usually so tired by Friday, plus feel super guilty about leaving our dog alone all day that we rarely go anywhere on Friday nights.  This Friday we kept it low key but still managed to be social and it was nice! We met our friends Mitch and Michelle at our favorite restaurant across the street, Phonatic.  I hate apartment living but I love our location and all the new restaurants opening up that are within walking distance.
Saturday-We visited our friends Greg and Amy's garage sale and I even found a dress. Amy used to own an Austin boutique so it was a pretty kick ass garage sale.  Greg and Amy saved our lives by watching Choji while we were gone and now Henry, one of their pups, is Choji's bff. 
Later we met Cody and Madelyn and their sweet new baby, Greta, at a neighborhood restaraunt called Little Deli.  Eating outside under a gorgeous tree is one of my favorite things to do.
Sunday- I went to my friend Carla's birthday brunch downtown at Mulberry.  Why don't I go to brunch more often?  I love it.  And come to find out I actually like downtown Austin in the day time.
And finally, Bobby and I are meeting up with Amy to see The Hunger Games.  He actually has read the series and has been dying to see the movie.  I, on the other hand, have no desire to read or see Hunger Games, but I love my husband and sometimes it's nice to try to relate to the rest of the world.  I swear all of my 4th and 5th graders are reading the book and telling me to go see the movie.
So...it is nice not always being a recluse.  Yay me!

The newly added braids to the W Hotel on Willie Nelson Blvd.

Brunch under the umbrellas at Mulberry

No comments: