Sunday, March 11, 2012

I made a yummy treat!

I've been wanting to make baked apples for a while and I finally tried it today. It ended up being delicious! This is all I did:

Pre-heat oven to 350
Cut Granny Smith apples in half removing seeds and core.
In a small bowl, mix butter, sugar, cinnamon, and oats.
Place apples on cookie sheet and pour a little bit of the butter mixture on each one.
Sprinkle more cinnamon on top
Bake for 30 minutes
Serve with Blue Bell No Sugar Added Vanilla Ice Cream

3 comments:

Ann Price said...

I'm licking the screen. Looks amazing.

Kate said...

Nice work! Looks great!
You should totally experiment and try it again without the sugar and see if you even miss it. Just sayin' cuz I have made apples w/out and they's still yummy.

jessica said...

Kate, I will! I didn't use much so I bet you're right. The oozy stuff in the photo does look like sugar and makes it look like I used a bunch but it's actually apple. Just felt like I needed to clarify that :) Also, I had a leftover one today and it was just as good.