Friday, February 17, 2012

Parents on Facebook

My mom has been on Facebook for a while but she just recently accepted my friend request.  She had a "I'm not going to be friends with my kids and their friends on Facebook" policy but I finally convinced her to be friends as a way to share wedding photos with our relatives in Brazil. 

I love my mom, but man, I'm glad Facebook wasn't around when I was a teenager.  I'm not sure how 16 year old Jessica would have handled a text from her boyfriend (if I had a boyfriend back then) saying, "Check out your mom's new photos on Facebook" only to find photos of her mom in a swimsuit in the backyard in the middle of a snowstorm.  Or a Whitney Houston video posted after her untimely death...or today's status, "My utensils from now on is chopsticks...so I don't eat too much."

No comments: