Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Taped to my Computer at Work...

Taped to my computer at work are two notes that I try to read every day.

One is on an orange sticky-note:

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change we seek."

Barack Obama

The other one is typed up on a piece of white paper and was given to me a couple of Valentine's Days ago.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

These words challenge me every day and remind me of the person I'd like to try to be...a better daughter, sister, friend, co-worker, citizen, and so on...all summed up on two little pieces of paper.

1 comment:

La Golondrina said...

At one of the last church meetings, the speaker had us read the Corinthians verse out loud together and then replace all the 'Love's and 'it's with the word 'I'. It's a nice little meditation I think.