Thursday, March 20, 2008

I can't wait!

I love having things to look forward to. It makes me happy, it's motivating, and it makes it easier getting through the work day. I'm so lucky that I have some things that I'm really looking forward to!
  • Day off tomorrow for Good Friday. It's supposed to be a beautiful day so after I get my bangs trimmed Mitzi and I are going to go hiking or bike riding. I cannot tell you how much 4 day work weeks and 3 day weekends helps me stay motivated at work! I wish that every week could be a 4 day work week. I'm pretty sure I'd be more productive.
  • A package in the mail! I love getting packages, who doesn't? I have one arriving sometime this week and can't wait for the surprise.
  • Garage sale at Tobi's house. I know this sounds strange, but I have been dying for a friend who has a house to have a garage sale so I can get rid of some of my stuff. I don't have a lot of it but I have plenty of clothes and other things I'm sure I could dig up to get rid of. I may be moving out of my apartment, not looking forward to that, and as much as I can get rid of now the less stressful the move will be.
  • A visit from Kelly!!! Next Friday!!! I love visitors and it's been a while since Kelly's been to Austin. It will be a short trip but it will be nice to get to hang out with Kelly and show her more of Austin. I usually see her when I go home, but between her schedule and me hanging out with the family we tend to hang out for short spurts of time. I cannot wait! Anyone have ideas on what Kelly and I should do? Kelly...what would you like to do? Fingers crossed that the weather will be beautiful for you!
  • Wilco! I knew they were touring but I had no idea Austin was on the list. Thanks to Cody I found out that tickets went on sale today. I bought one! It was so hard to not buy tickets for both nights. One of the best shows I've been to in my life was last year when Jeff Tweedy performed solo at one of the UT auditoriums. It was fairly small, intimate, and Jeff Tweedy was hilarious. The last time I saw Wilco was this past summer at ACL. It was good, but ACL is so huge. They're playing Stubb's, not one of my favorite venues, but I'm looking forward to the show. Their latest album, "Sky Blue Sky" helped me with some rough times this summer when my grandmother passed away. I bought the album in Columbia, MO at Streetside Records after helping with memorial service details and drove around Columbia listening to "What Light" over and over again. Listening to that album with the loss of my grandmother and still mending a broken heart, I felt like Jeff Tweedy wrote those songs for me. If you don't love music it may be hard to understand, but when you find music that speaks to you it changes your love for a particular song or band; and can be as powerful as changing your outlook on a particular situation. I was a huge Uncle Tupelo fan, listened to Wilco when their first album came out and then lost interest. This Wilco love only came about in the last year! Crazy. I'm glad Wilco and I got back together.

No comments: