Thursday, May 10, 2007

Jessica is Weird

Why did I pick "Jessica is Weird" for the title of my blog? First of all, it's kind of weird that I'm starting a blog. Second of all, weird seems to be a common theme in my life. From time to time I've been called weird-as a child in Columbia, Missouri, in college, and now when I'm supposed to be "grown up" living in Austin, Texas, where bumper stickers say, "Keep Austin Weird."

I always kind of took "weird" to be an insult, but I've learned that it's really more about misunderstanding and I am proud to be "weird." I guess I decided to start a blog for myself. I have random childhood and adulthood memories and experiences that I want to remember. I kind of want to explore how these things have shaped me into who I am today.

So welcome to my blog...

No comments: